Restored mailboxes causes replication to bail

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 23 04:09:13 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Roland Pope wrote:

> When I try to replicate a user which has such a 'Recovered' mailbox, the
> replication client bails out because it seems to treat the
> 'user.xxx.Recovered' mailbox as the user.xxx INBOX and trys to do a
> rename (which fails).

It sounds you have ended up with two mailboxes with the same UniqueID.

This will confuse the replication code which tracks mailboxes by UniqueID
rather than by name in order to implement rename. If you delete the
cyrus.header file and run reconstruct it should generate a new UniqueID.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.