Migrate message flags to cyrus

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Mar 8 09:18:49 EST 2006

Quoting Michael Menge <Michael.Menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:

> The best way to perserve the flags is by transfering the eMails over
> the  IMAP-Protocol. There are severel tools to do this job. Most of
> them are written to sync two ore more mailfolders.
>
> As far as i have tested them there was no perfect ore even best
> migration tool.
>
> We will use the mailutil programm which comes with the uw-imap
> server. It was the fastest programm and it keeps the flags.

Another tool that I used for "small" migrations was imapsync.  Michael,
I beleive I sent you my patched version of imapsync.  Could you tell me
what was a speed difference between imapsync and mailutil that you
observed?  I'll need to move one huge mailbox in near future, so just
wondering if it would make sense using mailutil for this job instead of
imapsync.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/