Does anyone else see skiplist recovery errors?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:47:05 EDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Robert Mueller wrote:

> What I wanted to do is get an idea of how common this is with people, since
> speaking with Ken the other day he says that they've never seen this problem
> in production on their systems. So I was hoping people who also see this
> could report their cyrus version and OS + hardware config. Hopefully we can
> hope to narrow this down a bit.

I've had a corrupted seen db file, but only one time in several years of
running Cyrus.  We run Cyrus on Linux x86 with various 2.6 kernels.  I
can't remember for certain, but I believe the corrupted seen db was the
result of killing an imapd process that was hung due to a dropped network
connection.  I was able to "recover" the seen db using the same method you
found in the list archives.

 	Andy