cyradm and cyrus administrator login

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Mon Jul 10 18:47:08 EDT 2006

Jim John wrote:
> I have it working if I add the cyrus user to ldap. Seems like once you
> are using ldap as source for user authentication, cyrus does not check
> other sources. However, I am unable to delete mailboxes once I log in as
> the cyrus user.

I'm not an authorative on the subject but I think it also depends on
your mechanismes.
I'm sure if you add digest-md5 and you add the correct users (mind the
realm) to the sasldb file you will be able to login not using ldap.

>I thought having cyrus as admin was enough for cyrus to
> get admin privileges?

Yes... are you using virtual domains?
http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/CyrusVirtualDomains