Mailstore filesystem

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Mon Jul 3 12:02:00 EDT 2006

On 03 Jul 2006, at 11:35, Daniel Eckl wrote:
> At this time I didn't change the scheduler. In fact, I actually
> learned
> about it a few days ago... So it was SuSE 9.3 default (might be
> vanilla
> default, don't know)

I think "anticipatory" is the default IO scheduler for SuSE 9.3 (from
Google).

> What would you recommend for cyrus? (or for ext3 running cyrus)?
> And are
> there prefered scheduler for other fs, too, especially reiser and xfs?

It would probably depend on your setup.  Given the problem you
describe, tho, I would think that "deadline" would improve your
performance.  The 2.6 kernel has many tunable parameters.  If you're
pushing a server at all near its limits, you probably need to become
an expert in performance tuning.  Or buy more hardware :)

:wes