Mailstore filesystem

Daniel Eckl deckl at nero.com
Mon Jul 3 12:11:34 EDT 2006

Well, I was surprised about the problem... I have only about 250
mailboxes on that server. But it's used extensively, because some users
have over 200 folders and an incredible mail count (mailboxes over 2 GB
of size).

I assume, my problem comes from Outlooks scanning all headers of a big
folder, because the load and IO increase comes with a lot of disk
activity (high bi/bo in vmstat).

But it has to be only one or two clients, because in the main usage time
there is mostly no problem and disk io is moderate to low...

I cannot identify the triggering client and/or the action it starts....

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try if that makes a difference and
report to the list for the archives!

Thanks,
Daniel