AW: ipurge error

Miro Dietiker, MD Systems miro.dietiker.maillist at md-systems.ch
Thu Feb 23 17:56:44 EST 2006

Hey! :)

> Von: Scott Russell [mailto:lnxgeek at us.ibm.com]
> > I try to reask you experts for the usage of the tool ipurge:
> >
> >> dev:~# ipurge -f -d 0 user/miro/Test
> >> usage: ipurge [-f] [-s] [-C <alt_config>] [-x] [-X] [-i] {-d days |
-b
> >> bytes|-k Kbytes|-m Mbytes}
> >> ...... and so on
> >> dev:~# ipurge -f -d 0 user.miro.SPAM
> >> usage: ipurge [-f] [-s] [-C <alt_config>] [-x] [-X] [-i] {-d days |
-b
> >> bytes|-k Kbytes|-m Mbytes}
> >> ...... and so on
> >>
> >> So all of these don't work.
> >> What's wrong here?
> >>
> Seems odd. Are you running this as the cyrus admin user? I see a #
> prompt which leads me to think you may be running this as root. From
> your examples you're running with unixhierarchysep enabled. Have you
> tried running against user^micro^Test ?
You're right!
I didn't know this need to be executed under cyrus user...
As root it won't work as expected.

I have unixhierarchysep=yes but queries need to be named like:
cyrus at dev:~$ /usr/sbin/ipurge -f -d 10 user/miro.md/Test

In contrast to the root execution i see results of this query!

cyrus at dev:~$ /usr/sbin/ipurge -f -d 10 user/miro.md/TEST
Working on user.miro^md.TEST...
total messages                   1
total bytes                      90459
Deleted messages                 0