ipurge error

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 22 20:56:59 EST 2006

Miro Dietiker, MD Systems wrote:
> I try to reask you experts for the usage of the tool ipurge:
>
>> dev:~# ipurge -f -d 0 user/miro/Test
>> usage: ipurge [-f] [-s] [-C <alt_config>] [-x] [-X] [-i] {-d days | -b
>> bytes|-k Kbytes|-m Mbytes}
>> ...... and so on
>> dev:~# ipurge -f -d 0 user.miro.SPAM
>> usage: ipurge [-f] [-s] [-C <alt_config>] [-x] [-X] [-i] {-d days | -b
>> bytes|-k Kbytes|-m Mbytes}
>> ...... and so on
>>
>> So all of these don't work.
>> What's wrong here?

Seems odd. Are you running this as the cyrus admin user? I see a #
prompt which leads me to think you may be running this as root. From
your examples you're running with unixhierarchysep enabled. Have you
tried running against user^micro^Test ? I don't run with
unixhierarchysep so I'm not sure that's actually needed when passing
mailbox names to the cyrus tools. If you aren't running
withunixhierarchysep then you definitely should be using
"user.micro.Test" and not "user/micro/Test".

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center