reconstruct -m , alternatives?

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Tue Feb 21 12:30:39 EST 2006

On tir, 2006-02-21 at 11:19 -0500, Aaron Bennett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a Cyrus imap system (running 2.2.10) and I think several
> mailboxes are messed up.  Running reconstruct on the individual mailbox
> doesn't fix the problem.
>
> The problem is pretty thorny... I can't delete or do anything to the
> mailbox do to "IO errors" which stem from some filesystem corruption
> earlier in the year.  The mailboxes aren't on the disk anymore, but
> somehow cyrus shows them as existing.  I need to get rid of them but I
> can't delete them.  What I think I _should_ do is run reconstruct -m,
> but that's not available.
You should be able to get out a list of mailboxes and run reconstruct -m on each of them. Another good start is just to run through your userlist and run reconstruct -r on each of the user mailboxes.

Check the archives for some scripts doing this.

Also: If the -m switch is not going to get fixed (It hasn't dorked since
Cyrus 2.0 AFAIK) maybe one of the scripts could be added to the default
tarball and the manpage changed?

Tarjei

Tarjei Huse <tarjei at nu.no>