reconstruction problems

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Fri Dec 15 10:29:48 EST 2006

reconstruct -r just reads the DB, so yes the DB must be out of sync
with the filesystem (not really "corruption" per se).  reconstruct -r
-f reads the DB *and* the filesystem, but would still probably be
subject to the DB problem you're experiencing.  When reconstruct
finds mailboxes in the DB that aren't in the filesystem, it attempts
to create it on disk.  I think the System I/O error you're getting is
the result of that attempt to re-create the mailbox.  It ought to log
something, in addition to displaying that error.  The mailbox_create
() routine returns IMAP_IOERROR in many places, the syslog should
tell more about exactly *why* it's getting the error.

:wes