shared mailboxes - all so present on the web - no light yet

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Wed Dec 13 10:48:36 EST 2006

> > I just created a shared mailbox where users can subscribe and post to
> > by addressing +shared at example.com mail gets delivered correctly. But
> > I'm trying to achieve that user+shared at example.com gets delivered to
> > this shared mailbox.
> I must admit that I don't fully understand what you want to achieve -

Ditto.

Maybe what you want is to set postuser in your imapd.conf.

For instance we have:
postuser: shared

So shared+folder1@ gets sent to /folder1;  under no user.  or shared
+folderA.folderB gets sent to /folderA/folderB.

Sending to username+folderB looks for /user/username/folderB.

> because of that I can only give a generic hint: the most common
> problems are permissions. The delivery user must have Post ("p")
> permissions to the subfolder.

Yep.  Anonymous needs p if you want to receive unauthenticated messages
to a folder.