2.6 Kernel and POP issues

Robert T. Covell rcovell at rolet.com
Fri Dec 1 19:50:11 EST 2006

I have recompiled my cyrus implementation (--with-devrandom=/dev/urandom) and my kernel with no luck.

I reboot from the newest 2.4 kernel and my pop clients hang.  When checking the 2.6 kernel I looked at /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail and saw that it very low (like 5-30, not sure on specifics).

Is there something I am not doing right with either the kernel or cyrus?

-Bob