Shared folders

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Aug 15 04:33:16 EDT 2006

Nikola Milutinovic schreef:
>>I use in Cyrus normally mailboxes like:
>>user.paul
>>But it is also possible to make a mailbox:
>>paul
>

> This is a bad idea, or at least I don't like it.

I think this is a bad example. A better example is a folder:
pricelists

>>So far I know this are shared folders. Is it possible to receive mail
>>directly in a shared folder? If yes: how?
>
> The way to do it is to designate a "postuser" (most commonly "cyrus") in Cyrus imapd.conf.
> Then you can submit mails via SendMail or PostFix, via virtual users:
>
> paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+paul
>
> Most commonly, though, people use "shared/..." hirearchy for shared folders, so it would translte to:
>
> paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+shared.paul
>
> or paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+shared/paul (if you are using UNIX hierarchy separator).

I've a mailbox user.paul and a folder "user.paul.postbank". When I send
a message to "paul+postbank at vandervlis.nl" the message comes in my
inbox, and not in the folder "postbank".

I've also tried in /etc/postfix/virtual:
postbank at vandervlis.nl  paul+postbank
But it does not help.

I am using Cyrus 2.1 what comes with Debian.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.