Shared folders

Nikola Milutinovic alokin1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 14:18:31 EDT 2006

> I use in Cyrus normally mailboxes like:
> user.paul
> But it is also possible to make a mailbox:
> paul

This is a bad idea, or at least I don't like it.

> So far I know this are shared folders. Is it possible to receive mail
> directly in a shared folder? If yes: how?

The way to do it is to designate a "postuser" (most commonly "cyrus") in Cyrus imapd.conf. Then you can submit mails via SendMail or PostFix, via virtual users:

paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+paul

Most commonly, though, people use "shared/..." hirearchy for shared folders, so it would translte to:

paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+shared.paul

or paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+shared/paul (if you are using UNIX hierarchy separator).

> BTW: I don't know much from Sieve. Can I do it without Sieve?

Sure. Sieve has very little to do with this.

Nix.