Shared folders

former03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Tue Aug 15 06:09:05 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

>>> So far I know this are shared folders. Is it possible to receive mail
>>> directly in a shared folder? If yes: how?
>>
>> The way to do it is to designate a "postuser" (most commonly "cyrus")
>> in Cyrus imapd.conf.
>> Then you can submit mails via SendMail or PostFix, via virtual users:
>>
>> paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+paul
>>
>> Most commonly, though, people use "shared/..." hirearchy for shared
>> folders, so it would translte to:
>>
>> paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+shared.paul
>>
>> or paul-group at your.domain.com    cyrus+shared/paul (if you are using
>> UNIX hierarchy separator).
>
> I've a mailbox user.paul and a folder "user.paul.postbank". When I send
> a message to "paul+postbank at vandervlis.nl" the message comes in my
> inbox, and not in the folder "postbank".
>
> I've also tried in /etc/postfix/virtual:
> postbank at vandervlis.nl  paul+postbank
> But it does not help.
>
> I am using Cyrus 2.1 what comes with Debian.
The soulution may be - as Rudy already wrote - the recipient delimiter
setting (in case you use deliver) or wrong permissions in your Cyrus
setup - if the posting user (Postfix is just a user to Cyrus, too) has
no permission to post messages to user.paul.postbank at example.net, it
will fall back to user.paul@ in order not to fail delivery completely.
So make sure, the user you use for delivery has post permissions (I
think lmtpd writes the username in the logs, so have a look there).

Baltasar

--
Baltasar Cevc

_____ former 03 gmbh