"sieve[25275]: Couldn't find mech PLAIN"

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Thu Aug 3 16:43:28 EDT 2006

What program are you using to connect to the sieve port?

What does
  imtest -p 2000 hostname
tell you on the SASL line?

mine says
S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.12"
S: "SASL" "GSSAPI PLAIN"
S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify
subaddress relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
S: "STARTTLS"
S: OK

If you don't see PLAIN, try

  imtest  hostname
and see what capabilities your server offers for the IMAP port.

-Patrick