"sieve[25275]: Couldn't find mech PLAIN"

Joseph Silverman yossie at laszlosystems.com
Thu Aug 3 14:34:46 EDT 2006

So, I migrated my email server from a fedora core 3 to a mandrake
based distro yesterday - since then sieve has quit working with the
error message in the subject.  Any ideas what is wrong?

THANKS!

P.s. imap and pop work as expected and desired.

my imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
allowanonymouslogin: no
altnamespace: true
unixhierarchysep: true
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
allowplaintext: 1
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sieve_maxscriptsize: 100

my /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd:

# $Id: saslauthd.sysconfig,v 1.1 2001/05/02 10:55:48 wiget Exp $
# Authentications mechanism (for list see saslauthd -v)
SASL_AUTHMECH=ldap

# Hostname for remote IMAP server (if rimap auth mech is used)
# Ldap configuration file (if ldap auth mech is used)
SASL_MECH_OPTIONS=

# Extra options (for list see saslauthd -h)
SASLAUTHD_OPTS=

my /etc/saslauthd.conf:

ldap_servers: ldap://XXXXXXXX.laszlosystems.com/
ldap_bind_dn: cn=XXXXXXXX,dc=laszlosystems,dc=com
ldap_bind_pw: XXXXXXXX
ldap_scope: sub
ldap_search_base: ou=XXXXXXXX,dc=laszlosystems,dc=com
ldap_auth_method: bind