Cannot deliver mail with 2.3.3-1 returns "Unexpected internal error"

John Basile jb1 at combatwombat.net
Wed Apr 12 07:19:50 EDT 2006

Hi Ken,

Sorry to be ambiguous, but I did a little too much previous editing.

Ok,

I have previously set local6.debug to /var/log/imapd.log and nothing appears
there !, I am guessing the debug has been turned off when compiled.

The config I have been using for quite some time (couple of cyrus upgrades
to 2.2.12) is as follows.

I set unixhierarchysep=no
The setup uses pam to use winbind that binds to a win2003 server.
I have a user jbasile and I deliver mail to jbasile.inbox using an alias.
All of the imap authentication works great, sieve is another matter and
probably another forum.
All users use either outlook and squirrelmail depending on their locations.
All of this works great on 2.2.12, note that this particular imap server
hosts 50+ (and growing) users over 5 locations.
The reason that I need 2.3.3 is that I want to do is sync to another couple
of servers for site redundancy and distributed mail server access.

Using the same config files on both versions produces different results.

Here is the 2.2.12 that works

# telnet 127.0.0.1 lmtp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 merald LMTP Cyrus v2.2.12-Invoca-RPM-2.2.12-1.1.fc3 ready
lhlo qw.com
250-merald
250-8BITMIME
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-AUTH EXTERNAL
250 IGNOREQUOTA
mail from:<my at my.com>
250 2.1.0 ok
rcpt to:<jbasile.inbox>
250 2.1.5 ok
data
354 go ahead
.
250 2.1.5 Ok
quit
221 2.0.0 bye
Connection closed by foreign host.

Here is the 2.3.3-1

# telnet 127.0.0.1 lmtp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 merald LMTP Cyrus v2.3.3-Invoca-RPM-2.3.3-1 ready
lhlo qw.com
250-merald
250-8BITMIME
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES