Cannot deliver mail with 2.3.3-1 returns "Unexpected internal error"

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 11 09:12:13 EDT 2006

John Basile wrote:
> Hi Ken
>
> Not much, is there a way of increasing verbosity in the maillog ?.

You can set the logging level to local6.debug in syslog.conf.

Looking at the log and telnet session, I have a few questions:

> Apr 10 20:33:44 meral lmtp[3248]: accepted connection
> Apr 10 20:33:44 meral lmtp[3248]: connection from localhost.localdomain
> [127.0.0.1] preauth'd as postman
> Apr 10 20:34:22 meral lmtp[3248]: IOERROR: fstating sieve script
> /var/lib/imap/sieve/j/jbasile.inbox/defaultbc: No such file or directory

Do you have a user named 'jbasile.inbox'?  The only way this could
happen is if you have enabled unixhierarchysep and created a
user/jbasile.inbox mailbox.

> Apr 10 20:36:52 meral master[3220]: process 3248 exited, status 0
>
> I get the IOERROR when the "Unexpected internal error" happens, but I have
> always assumed its unrelated and just notifing about the missing sieve
> script ?
>
> Thanks
> John

Do you have a user named 'my.inbox'?

I think you have misconfigured/misunderstand the way Cyrus works.

>> 250 2.1.5 ok
>> data
>> 354 go ahead
>> .
>> 554 5.0.0 Unexpected internal error
>>
>> This happens for all users / mailbox's so I all users from the DB and
>> created one for the test it also didn't work, then tried a vanilla
>> install 2.3.3-1 and no go.
>>
>> Some info on extra tracing would be appreciated and any help would be
>> great
>
> What errors are you seeing in the logs?
>
> --
> Kenneth Murchison