more than one Sieve autoreply per day?

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 7 08:07:17 EDT 2006

Phil Durbin wrote:
> My HR department is having a problem with their Sieve script.  They want
> job applicants to receive an autoreply *every time* someone emails
> apply-hr at berklee.edu.  Right now applicants are sometimes confused
> because they receive a reply for the first job they apply for, but if
> they apply for a second job on the same day they don't get a reply.
> Some worried applicants call to make sure their second or third
> applications were received.
>
> I think I understand the reason for this behavior (the Sieve behavior
> that is, not the job applicants').  According to the "Days Parameter"
> section of
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-06.txt our
> site-defined minimum value for the "days" argument must be greater than
> 0.  So a minimum of 1 day must go by before the same email address
> receives the autoreply.
>
> Am I reading this right?  Is there a way to make my Cyrus IMAP 2.2.12
> server send an autoreply every time someone emails apply-hr at berklee.edu?

Not using vacation.  Its designed specifically so that people don't get
multiple replies within :days period.  There has been talk of an
'autoreply' extension to Sieve, but its never gone anywhere.

Hmm.  Actually, vacation responses are per-sender, per-vacation text.
If you had different vacation text for each job listing, then people
would get a response for each.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer