more than one Sieve autoreply per day?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Apr 7 09:01:26 EDT 2006

--On Thursday, April 6, 2006 17:28 -0400 Phil Durbin <pdurbin at berklee.edu>
wrote:

> My HR department is having a problem with their Sieve script.  They  want
> job applicants to receive an autoreply *every time* someone  emails
> apply-hr at berklee.edu.

Imagine if someone sent mail to apply-hr and had an equally
uncontrolled autoreply.

This is not a theoretical possibility.  There are some client-side
implementations of vacation that reply to all (even bounces!) and
I have had to clean up the results.  Sometimes we had to deny smtp
connections from an IP temporarily to make it stop.

Joseph Brennan