more than one Sieve autoreply per day?

Phil Durbin pdurbin at berklee.edu
Thu Apr 6 17:28:58 EDT 2006

My HR department is having a problem with their Sieve script.  They
want job applicants to receive an autoreply *every time* someone
emails apply-hr at berklee.edu.  Right now applicants are sometimes
confused because they receive a reply for the first job they apply
for, but if they apply for a second job on the same day they don't
get a reply.  Some worried applicants call to make sure their second
or third applications were received.

I think I understand the reason for this behavior (the Sieve behavior
that is, not the job applicants').  According to the "Days Parameter"
section of http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-
vacation-06.txt our site-defined minimum value for the "days"
argument must be greater than 0.  So a minimum of 1 day must go by
before the same email address receives the autoreply.

Am I reading this right?  Is there a way to make my Cyrus IMAP 2.2.12
server send an autoreply every time someone emails apply-hr at berklee.edu?

Thanks,

Phil Durbin
Senior Systems Analyst
Berklee College of Music
pdurbin at berklee.edu

4.1.  Days Parameter

    The ":days" argument is used to specify the period in which
addresses
    are kept and are not responded to, and is always specified in days.
    The minimum value used for this parameter is normally 1.  Sites MAY
    define a different minimum value as long as the minimum is greater
    than 0.  Sites MAY also define a maximum days value, which MUST be
    greater than 7, and SHOULD be greater than 30.

    If ":days" is omitted, the default value is either 7 or the minimum
    value (as defined above), whichever is greater.

    If the parameter given to ":days" is less than the minimum value,
    then the minimum value is used instead.

    If ":days" exceeds the site-defined maximum, the site-defined
maximum
    is used instead.

The Sieve script

require
["fileinto","reject","vacation","imapflags","relational","comparator-
i;ascii-numeric","regex","notify"];
if
true {
vacation :days 0 :addresses ["apply-hr at berklee.edu"] text:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for submitting materials in application for employment at
Berklee College of Music. . . [snip]
.
;
}