Help with a Sieve script

NM Public agorae+--info-cyrus at nm.deflexion.com
Sun Apr 2 03:37:42 EDT 2006

Sur 2006-04-01, Scott Bronson skribis:
> There are two simple Sieve scripts that I would like to write:
>
> I need to unconditionally save a copy of each incoming message,
> organized by the recipient's name.  Is it possible to write a global
> Sieve script to do something like this?
>
>    fileinto :address :localpart;
>    keep;
>
> If not, then what's the best way of doing this?

I don't know about global Sieve scripts, but the way I do this
for my mail is to use the :copy extension, e.g.:

  require ["fileinto", "copy"];
  fileinto :copy "backup-all";

I blogged about this here:

  IMAP Tip: Use a backup-all mailbox
  <http://deflexion.com/2006/01/imap-tip-use-backup-all-mailbox>

I too am interested in global Sieve scripts so I'm curious to
hear what people say about that.

> Also, on a personal note, I'm on a lot of mailing lists and need to
> modify my Sieve scripts every time I subscribe or unsubscribe.  It's
> starting to get painful.  Can I just automatically file each list based
> on its List-Id?  That would leave me only a few lists that would have to
> be special-cased.
>
>    if header :matches "List-Id" /([A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_-]*)/ {
>        fileinto "mail.$1";
>    }

I'd also like to be able to do that, but in the mean time, what I
do is this:

1] Subscribe to each mailing list using a plus address (e.g., for
this list I subscribed with agorae+--info-cyrus at nm.deflexion.com)

2] Create the target mailbox (e.g., --info-cyrus for this list).

3] That's it, the list messages are automatically filed in the
appropriate mailbox!

But, it's kind of a pain for posting to the list because I need
to be sure I'm sending from the correct address. (Note: I
actually rarely look at my mailing-list IMAP mailboxes and read
lists via Gmane/NNTP.)

Hope this helps,
  Nancy
   (sent via gmane.mail.imap.cyrus)