Help with a Sieve script

Scott Bronson bronson at rinspin.com
Sat Apr 1 09:54:59 EST 2006

There are two simple Sieve scripts that I would like to write:

I need to unconditionally save a copy of each incoming message,
organized by the recipient's name.  Is it possible to write a global
Sieve script to do something like this?

    fileinto :address :localpart;
    keep;

If not, then what's the best way of doing this?

Also, on a personal note, I'm on a lot of mailing lists and need to
modify my Sieve scripts every time I subscribe or unsubscribe.  It's
starting to get painful.  Can I just automatically file each list based
on its List-Id?  That would leave me only a few lists that would have to
be special-cased.

    if header :matches "List-Id" /([A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_-]*)/ {
        fileinto "mail.$1";
    }

The second one at least appears possible in Gnu Mailutils Sieve.  Are
either of these requirements possible in Cyrus Sieve?  Thanks!

    - Scott