timsieved sasl missing

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Oct 28 18:02:43 EDT 2005

I've been trying to setup timsieved on my test cyrus box (v2.2.12), but I
seem to be missing something, probably obvious.

I have a working installation of cyrus with imap, imaps, and lmtp.  I use
saslauthd.  I added a stanza for timsieved in cyrus.conf, and I can
successfully telnet to the sieve port.  sivtest returns the following:

[root at mail1 config]# sivtest -a cyrus localhost
S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.12"
S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
S: "STARTTLS"
S: OK
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0

It never asks me for a password, and I appear to be missing a SASL
capabilities line following the IMPLEMENTATION line.  I don't know why
sieve isn't detecting my sasl settings from imapd.conf.  Here are my sasl
settings:

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
sasl_minimum_layer: 0
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_auto_transition: 0

I can post my complete imapd.conf file if that would help.  Does anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks,
 	Andy