SQUATTER script and non English folders

info-cyrus at utdallas.edu info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Thu Oct 27 13:17:02 EDT 2005

-- David Carter said the following on 10/27/05 8:53 AM:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il wrote:
>
>> 1) I'm running the following script as a cronjob every night:
>> #!/bin/bash
>> su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/squatter -r user/*"
>>
>> But, it creates cyrus.squat file only in subfolders of the users
>> INBOX, i.e. /var/spool/imap/user/username/ doesn't include cyrus.squat
>> but /var/spool/imap/user/username/Drafts/ does include cyrus.squat
>> after running the above script.
>
> Looking at the code, that will generate squat indexes for all mailboxes
> matching user/*/*, which will match user/dpc22/foo, but not user/dpc22.
>
> I suggest that you try: "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/squatter -r user" or just
> "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/squatter".

Since you've looked at the code, what about:

  squatter -r 'user.a*'

What I'd like to be able to do is to squat on one letter of the alphabet
at a time, cycling through the letters maybe once a month. Obviously not
all messages will be squatted on, but I'm worried that if I try to squat
the entire server every night, the I/O from that combined with backups
will mean that the squatting never finishes in time for active business
hours. So I was thinking that a compromise would be to keep most of the
messages squatted by cycling through what mailboxes I squat......

(Can you imagine someone reading this out-of-context? ;-)

Amos