SQUATTER script and non English folders

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 09:53:26 EDT 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il wrote:

> 1) I'm running the following script as a cronjob every night:
> #!/bin/bash
> su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/squatter -r user/*"
>
> But, it creates cyrus.squat file only in subfolders of the users INBOX,
> i.e. /var/spool/imap/user/username/ doesn't include cyrus.squat but
> /var/spool/imap/user/username/Drafts/ does include cyrus.squat after
> running the above script.

Looking at the code, that will generate squat indexes for all mailboxes
matching user/*/*, which will match user/dpc22/foo, but not user/dpc22.

I suggest that you try: "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/squatter -r user" or just
"/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/squatter".

> 2) When I create Hebrew named folders via OE or web client, it's look
> like this in the FS : &BdcF0wXpBdUF6g- but if I want to cd to this
> folder I get an error:
> # cd &BdcF0wXpBdUF6g-
> [1] 14268
> -bash: BdcF0wXpBdUF6g-: command not found
> [1]+  Done                    cd

That's two commands: cd run as a background task without any arguments,
followed by "BdcF0wXpBdUF6g-", which isn't a valid command on your system.

You need to quote the & character. Something like:
   cd "&BdcF0wXpBdUF6g-" or
   cd \&BdcF0wXpBdUF6g-

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.