UTF folders created via OE and SquirrelMail

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 26 09:52:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

--On 26. Oktober 2005 14:45:34 +0200 lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il wrote:

> When I create Imap folder in Hebrew lang. via SquirrelMail it looks O.K.
> in the SquirrelMail interface and I can work with it. But when I use
> Outlook Express, this folder looks like gibberish. The same happens if I
> create Hebrew named folder in OE, it looks like gibberish in SquirrelMail
> interface.

well, at least one of them must be wrong. IMAP folder names are encoded in
modified UTF-7, not in "regular" UTF-8.

> My system is SLES 9, and it supports UTF.

That has nothing to do with it.

> I can create hebrew named
> folders on the FS level. But both folders created in OE and in the
> SquirrelMail looks like gibberish on the FS level.

That's to be expected.

> Is there a command I can use to instruct Cyrus to create folders in UTF?

No.

> Or may be there is another solution.

Not really. At least one of the apps has a bug. Unless you can get a fixed
version, there's nothing you can do. Mulberry (R.I.P.) does the right
thing. So if you want to find out which app has the bug, download Mulberry
and compare:

<http://www.cyrusoft.com/finaldownload.html>

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK