postfix + cyrus-imap

Wadner Cadet wcadet at inverse.qc.ca
Tue Oct 25 09:56:34 EDT 2005

I found nothing in the maillog that could help me figure out how the
incoming mails are handled.

Here are my configuration files (imapd.conf, cyrus.conf and master.cf)

imapd.conf

 configdirectory:/var/imap
partition-default:/var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: var/imap/sieve
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
hashimapspool: false
unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes
duplicate_db: skiplist
tlscache_db: skiplist
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
sievenotifier: mailto

cyrus.conf

# standard standalone server implementation

START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover	cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled		cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap		cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
  imaps		cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
  pop3		cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
  pop3s		cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
  sieve		cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # LMTP is required for delivery
  lmtpunix	cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
  notify	cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/imap/socket/notify"
proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint	cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
  delprune	cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" at=0400

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune	cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

master.cf

# The Cyrus deliver program has changed incompatibly, multiple times.
#
old-cyrus unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -m ${extension} ${user}
# Cyrus 2.1.5 (Amos Gouaux)
# Also specify in main.cf: cyrus_destination_recipient_limit=1
cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  user=cyrus argv=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension}
${user}