question about hardware architecture.

Andrzej Kwiatkowski andrzej.kwiatkowski at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:48:35 EDT 2005

> > Thanks. For future : I want to use EMC because of price. My emplyer
> > has big price reduction.
> > All servers will be conected through Brocade FC switches.
> > I don't want to mount one LUN to few servers. But i'm need to
> > be able to mount this LUN only once but every server need to by able
> > to mount this. I'll read everything you propose and then i'll write sth.
> > I hope you understand.
>
> If I correctly understand you I don't think you need any of the above
> shared filesystem. Since every FS is only mounted once, there is no need
> for a special fs. Without knowing exactly I expect you can do all you need
> with http://www.linux-ha.org/.

Exactly. I need HA working solution for mounting file systems.
In example:
1 storeage with 1 lun
2 hosts.

lun i mounted (for example ext2/ext3 ) on host1.
When host one is down, i can mount this lun on host2.

I don't know how it is possible, because host1 and host2 sees this lun.

On this site i haven't found anthing on configuration based on EMC and linux.
Have got any experience ?

Thanks
AK