Corrupted mail account

Jason Dixon jason.dixon at raba.com
Mon Oct 3 11:25:56 EDT 2005

We're running the default Cyrus IMAP server on an Apple Xserve
(10.3.9).  One of our users corrupted two of their IMAP folders by
attempting to move it to a new location, then back, apparently before
the copy was complete.  Now, instead of something like this:

/Foo
/Bar

They now have this:

/Foo/Bar
/Bar

Where neither "Bar" folders are readable by the client.  At this
point, I just want to delete them both and allow the user to recreate
their IMAP structure and upload (they POP'd all their mail to local
storage).  Unfortunately, when I delete their folders and do a
reconstruct as the cyrus user, it recreates the broken structure.  I
don't know much about Cyrus, but I'm guessing there's a master copy
of this information stored in db.  How can I blow away this user's
mail store and rebuild?

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon