synchronizing main and backup server

Cristian Livadaru drac3 at vwclub.ro
Mon Nov 28 14:38:05 EST 2005

What would be the best way to keep 2 servers up to date with the mails?
I read about imapsync but here you would need the password which I could
implement to store it in the db in plain text but I don't realy want
this. I would like to keep them crypted like they are now.

My idea is to have a server here lets say foo.net which is the main mail
server for all my domains, and a backup mx somehere else, lets say
bar.net, now when foo.net is not reachable the mails will automaticaly
go to bar.net by having 2 mx records this should be no issue.
But now comes the tricky part with cyrus how do I get the mails from
bar.net to foo.net ?
is there any way without needing the passwords from the users?
I was thinking of a rsync solution but I don't think cyrus would be very
pleased with this.

Regards, Cris

--
Cristian Livadaru