duplicate suppression and syncronizing?

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 10:35:11 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Bill Kearney wrote:

> Somewhat tangentally, is there a way to use sieve or something else
> within cyrus to investigate duplicates in a given folder?  I do know
> some mail is duplicated.  Thunderbird has an extension available to dig
> through the messages to find duplicates.  But is there something clever
> within sieve that can do it?

Each message delivery or sieve action (fileinto, redirect etc) causes a
duplicate_check() to see if the combination of Message-ID plus action plus
(mailbox name or redirect address) has been seen before, followed by a
duplicate_mark() if it is new. This isn't visible to the end user.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.