duplicate suppression and syncronizing?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:29:21 EST 2005

> The duplicate supression database is used by lmtpd when delivering mail.
>
> It is not used at all by imapd. If it was amusing things would happen when
> people tried to copy messages around.

Yes!  That's the answer I need to hear.  I agree, it would be quite a mess
if it affected moving and copying using an IMAP client.  But before I told
it to --delete the source mailbox I wanted to be SURE.

Somewhat tangentally, is there a way to use sieve or something else within
cyrus to investigate duplicates in a given folder?  I do know some mail is
duplicated.  Thunderbird has an extension available to dig through the
messages to find duplicates.  But is there something clever within sieve
that can do it?

-Bill Kearney