cyradm fails to see users when going virtual- please help

aastaneh at cmax2.com aastaneh at cmax2.com
Fri May 6 21:12:50 EDT 2005

POSTED BEFORE- NO REPLIES

I am implementing the Postfix-Cyrus-Web-Cyradm-howto
http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html/
Along with special instructions for FC3
http://www.totalinfosecurity.com/howto/t1.html
With cheeto's FQUN patch

 My problem is by enabling virtual users, email is being stored in a different
fashion (as expected) however- cyradm can no longer see the mailboxes when
logging in as admin cyrus defined in imapd.conf. Since I cannot see the
mailboxes I cannot delete them, thereby risking to fill up significant hard
drive space as time goes on.

Here is an example mail directory for my user mike on my test server
mail.miketry.com:

[root at mail ~]# cd /var/spool/imap/domain/m/miketry.com/m/user/mike/
[root at mail mike]# ls
cyrus.cache  cyrus.header  cyrus.index

and here's my imapd.conf:

postmaster: postmaster
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sql
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
sasl_sql_engine: mysql
sasl_sql_user: mail
sasl_sql_passwd: secret
sasl_sql_hostnames: localhost
sasl_sql_database: mail
sasl_sql_select: SELECT password FROM accountuser WHERE username = '%u@%r'OR
(us
ername = '%u' AND domain_name = '')
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: yes
servername: mail.miketry.com
autocreatequota: 10000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
sieve_maxscriptsize: 32
sieve_maxscripts: 5
virtdomains: yes
#defaultdomain: miketry.com

and here's the result when logging in to cyradm as cyrus and attempting to
display mailboxes:

[root at mail mike]# cyradm --user cyrus --server localhost --auth plain
Password:
IMAP Password:
              localhost.localdomain> lm
INBOX (\HasNoChildren)

and that is all that is displayed.

Is there a configuration error that I am missing that is disabling cyradm from
viewing mailboxes?

-Amin