problems with cyrus

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon May 9 18:02:47 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 12:52 +0200, juanjo rj wrote:
> i wrote in my postfix config (main.cf) the line:
> mailbox_transpor=cyrus...should i write something more? or should I start
> another specific daemon for postfix?

The preferred setting is:

mailbox_transport=lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

(adjust the path for your installation, probably /var/imap instead
of /var/lib/imap)

The usual 'cyrus' definition in Postfix uses deliver, which is less
efficient than delivering directly through LMTP.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *