Problems getting Cyrus Imap working

Daniel Sepeur mlists at eomis.de
Mon May 9 18:25:54 EDT 2005

Hello List,

I am totally confused and it seems, that i need your help today.
Former i used SuSE distros with pre-installed Postfix-SASL-Cyrus system.
Now i have to setup a box with Debian Woody and I ask me: Why you should
take oder software, if you can get the freshest from the net.
So i downloaded all relevant software like this:

- Berkeley DB 4.3.27
- Openssl 0.9.7g
- Postfix 2.2.2
- cyrus-sasl-2.1.20
- cyrus-imap-2.2.12

Firstly, I installed Berkely DB and linked the libs via ld.so.conf.
After them, I installed openssl successfully.
Then, in installed cyrus-sasl like the following:

./configure --enable-anon --enable-login --enable-plain --disable-krb4
--disable-otp --disable-cram --disable-digest
--with-saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd --with-pam=/lib/security
--with-dblib=berkeley --with-bdb-libdir=/usr/lib
--with-bdb-incdir=/usr/include --with-openssl=/usr/local/openssl
--with-plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2 --bindir=/usr/bin
--sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --includedir=/usr/include
--libdir=/usr/lib

make and make install will run without problems. All relevant files are
there and I can also start the saslauthd via /usr/sbin/saslauthd -c -a
pam&

A tail on my syslog-file and netstat tells me, that saslauthd is up and
running.