Sieve script problem

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed May 25 21:42:47 EDT 2005

Roland Pope wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running avelsieve-1.0.0 under squirrelmail-1.4.4 with
> Cyrus-imapd-2.2.12 and I am having an issue with a filter that uses the
> 'is equal to' comparator.
>
> The following script entry generated by avelsieve rejects all messages
> regardless of the 'From' address:
>
> header :value "eq" :comparator "i;ascii-numeric" "From"
> "info at empowerisv.com"
> {
> reject text:
> This unsolicited message has been rejected.
> .
> ;
> }
>
> Any ideas what is wrong here?

You're trying to use a numeric comparator with string values.  By
definition, if both "value" aren't numeric, they are considered equal.
If you're trying to test for a particular email address, then your rule
should be something like:

if address "From" "info at empowerisv.com" {
}

or more explicitly:

if address :is "From" "info at empowerisv.com" {
}

:is happens to be the default of none of :is, :matches, :contains, or
:regex is specified.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127