Copy mbox to Cyrus, user account

Michael Plate plate at bibliothek.uni-kassel.de
Fri Mar 4 03:40:53 EST 2005

Hi,

Forrest Aldrich schrieb:
> I have a situation where a user needs her old email copied from an mbox
> into her new Cyrus account.  Easy enough; however, she's a remote user
> and her auth is via SASL.  So, it would potentially require me to either
> 1) get her password, or 2) reset the password on Cyrus so I could use
> "imapcopy" (or some other tool).
>
> There must be an easier way to do this that I've not seen... ?

depends on your config. We use PAM with LDAP (checked first) and
winbind. I usally use this to define mailaccounts w/o creating a windows
account, but if you create a user with same credentials like windows
(user/pass, anything else is unimportant) in LDAP, he is authed by that
first. After copying the box, delete him from LDAP.

CU

Michael