special folders

Jason Munro jason at stdbev.com
Wed Mar 30 10:55:31 EST 2005

On 2:46:51 am 03/30/05 Stefan  Schlörholz  <stefan at schloerholz.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I run a SuSE 8.2 on a server with a cyrus IMAP server for local
> clients.
>
> In my mailbox I (through squirrelmail) by accident deleted some
> special folders like sent, draft, trash, etc. so that only INBOX is
> left.
>
> I want to have those back in order to properly store the messages.
>
> Just introducing new folders with those names doesn't help. They are
> not recognized by e.g. kmail as special folders so that they do not
> get the dedicated icons.

In squirrelmail you can go to Options -> folder prefs and re-assign the
special folders to whatever named folders you want. Squirrelmail keeps
track of what folder names are "special" in your own squirrelmail settings,
not by setting anything within the IMAP server itself.

\__  Jason Munro
 \__ jason at stdbev.com
  \__ http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/