How do I get cyradm to authenticate with TLS

Richard Wohlstadter rwohlsta at watson.wustl.edu
Wed Mar 30 12:08:47 EST 2005

Hello all,

I'm in the process of setting up cyrus and I've run into a little snag.
  I want to restrict plaintext passwords on the standard imap port so
users are forced to STARTTLS the connection.  I have set allowplaintext
to 0 in imapd.conf to set this, but now cannot get cyradm to
authenticate with it complaining:

Login only available under a layer at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 118

So does cyradm support a TLS connection?  I know TLS is working because
i can do imtest -t "" -u cyrus localhost and it works fine.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Rich