special folders

Scott Balmos sbalmos at members.simunex.com
Wed Mar 30 10:14:20 EST 2005

Stefan Schlörholz wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I run a SuSE 8.2 on a server with a cyrus IMAP server for local clients.
>
>In my mailbox I (through squirrelmail) by accident deleted some special
>folders like sent, draft, trash, etc. so that only INBOX is left.
>
>I want to have those back in order to properly store the messages.
>
>Just introducing new folders with those names doesn't help. They are not
>recognized by e.g. kmail as special folders so that they do not get the
>dedicated icons.
>
>Does anybody know how to bring back those folders? I did a cyradmin
>--reconstruct but without effect.
>
>Best regards
>
>Stefan

IIRC, KMail/Kolab utilizes special IMAP folder annotations to designate
the purpose of the special folders, whether it is a sent folder, drafts,
etc. Sorry, I don't know what the specifics of the annotation is, though
I'm certain it can be found if you went slogging through the KMail
developer docs, or something along those lines.

--Scott