Cyrus with LDAP

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Thu Mar 31 20:57:39 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 19:24, Shashank Agrawal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am unable to get cyrus authentication with LDAP. I am running fedora core 3.
>
> I would appreciate any help. Is there any patch that i need to apply?
>
> Here is my config file.
your imapd.conf file looks fine

What does your /etc/saslauthd.conf file look like and what does your
/etc/sysconfig/saslauthd file look like?

the /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd file need to have the auth mech uncommented
and set to ldap (default is pam) and  your /etc/saslauthd.conf file
needs to be configured to connect to your LDAP directory. unless you are
using pam_ldap then you can leave the configuration using PAM, but I
haven't played with that configuration.

[snip]

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>