Sieve Filtering on "attachment content-type"?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Mar 31 20:25:29 EST 2005

After alot of playing around, and finally finding a suitable headering
that exists in *most* of the messsages that I'm trying to filter on, I've
come up with the following filter ot clean out the "other language" emails
that I just can't read:

if allof ( header :contains [ "Content-Type" ]
            [
              "charset=\"GB2312\"",
              "charset=GB2312",
              "charset=\"ks_c_5601-1987\"",
              "charset=ks_c_5601-1987",
              "charset=\"koi8-r\"",
              "charset=koi8-r",
              "charset=\"ISO-2022-JP\"",
              "charset=ISO-2022-JP",
              "charset=\"Windows-1251\"",
              "charset=Windows-1251",
              "charset=\"EUC\"",
              "charset=EUC"
            ] ) {
   fileinto "inbox.garbage";
   stop;
}

The ones taht sem tobe getting through now are the ones that are of one of
the above charset's, but instead of in the 'message headers', its defined
in teh 'mime headers' for the attachment itself, so the above filter, of
course, fails ...

Is there a way of filtering on the mime headers themselves?  So I trap for
when the attachment is of charset above?

Thanks ...

  ----