Cyrus with LDAP

Shashank Agrawal shashank3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:14:35 EST 2005

Hello,

Here are my config files. /etc/saslauthd.conf didn't exist on my
system. so i created a new one. but still it doesn't work. Thank you.

**************************
[root at mail etc]# more saslauthd.conf
#/etc/saslauthd.conf
#Config File for the saslauthd with the ldap mechichism

ldap_servers: ldap://localhost:389
ldap_bind_dn: ou=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_bind_pw: secret
ldap_search_base: ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_version: 3
ldap_filter: uid=%U
ldap_default_domain: domain.com
[root at mail etc]#

**************************************

[root at mail etc]# more /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
# Directory in which to place saslauthd's listening socket, pid file, and so
# on.  This directory must already exist.
SOCKETDIR=/var/run/saslauthd

# Mechanism to use when checking passwords.  Run "saslauthd -v" to get a list
# of which mechanism your installation was compiled to use.
MECH=ldap

# Additional flags to pass to saslauthd on the command line.  See saslauthd(8)
# for the list of accepted flags.
FLAGS=
[root at mail etc]#

**************************

[root at mail etc]# !im
imtest -m login -a shashank localhost
S: * OK mail.domain.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.10-Invoca-RPM-2.2.10-3.fc3 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE
STARTTLS LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN shashank {7}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 NO Login failed: authentication failure
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0
.
* BAD Invalid tag