Email case problem

Sun Advocate Webmaster webmaster at sunad.com
Wed Jun 8 16:45:40 EDT 2005

I have a slight problem, and was curious what can be done to fix it.

I have a Cyrus/Postfix setup. It works great; however, we often receive
emails that don't match the case of the accounts on cyrus (all of them
are strictly lower case). In that event, postfix receives them OK, but
cyrus rejects them during LMTP negotiation.

Many of our clients are sending stuff using addresses that are using all
caps or title caps. These emails are being rejected by our system.

I totally understand that Cyrus and Postfix, for that matter, try hard
to adhere to standards (RFC, for example). However, business is
business... and we have to cater to our customers. Many of these
customers are on Windows systems, and don't have control (or knowledge,
for that matter) of their mail systems anyway.

Is there a workaround? Is there a setting for Cyrus that tells it to
ignore case? I'm also going to post to the postfix list also.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Jason