Switch from /var/spool/imap/t/user/test to /var/spool/imap/user/test

Maillist test at sparc.brc.ubc.ca
Wed Jun 8 16:52:23 EDT 2005

On 7-Jun-05, at 11:17 PM, Simon Matter wrote:

>> Hi list,
>
> Hi test :)
>

>> On Mac OS X server, the user mailbox is stored as
>> /var/spool/imap/user/test, but on Federoa core 3, the user mailbox is
>> stored as /var/spool/imap/t/user/test, How I can switch
>> /var/spool/imap/t/user/test to /var/spool/imap/user/test on Fedora
>> core
>> 3? Do I need to recompile cyrus-imapd on fedora core 3 or just change
>> some imap configuration in /etc/imapd.conf?
>
> Have a look at 'hashimapspool' option in /etc/imapd.conf. Of course you
> have to rehash your mailspool, check /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/rehash for
> this.
>
> Simon

Hi Simon,

the option hashimapspool is true in my /etc/imapd.conf, I stoped
cyrus-imap services, then  tried /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/rehash -i none,
there was some error message occurs like "converting data partition
/var/spool/imap...couldn't rename t to .t at (eval 1) line 951, <STDIN>
line 2.",  it did change /var/spool/imap/t/user/test to
/var/spool/imap/user/test. however I could not access the mailbox
after, it always said "system I/O error". I had to
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -r user.test, but it went back to
/var/spool/imap/t/user/test again

Thanks

Vincent