Cyrus Sieve + Postfix vacation reply problem

Oliver Kaltenecker oliver.kaltenecker at wittwer.de
Thu Jun 16 11:08:25 EDT 2005

Hello,

we have a problem with vacation replies sent from cyrus sieve where the
sender address isn't converted according to the given
sender_canonical_maps entry in postfix configuration.

When normal mail is sent from the accounts the sender address is
converted properly as expected.

I mailed this topic to postfix-users mailing list already for I thought
it would be a configuration problem of postfix address rewriting.
Although I got a lot of hints there I couldn't resolve the problem until
now.

What I don't really understand is how sieve and postfix interact in case
of an vacation record. I always thought it would be the same as if the
absent user himself replied to an incomming message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards

    Oliver Kaltenecker.