Changing the IMAP server's banner -- does one still need to patch the source?

Ralph Seichter cyrus-ml at sentries.org
Thu Jun 16 11:06:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for a configuration parameter to change Cyrus IMAP's
banner text. A banner like

  * OK server.tld Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3 server ready

is giving too much away about the server, IMHO. For security reasons,
I'd like show only the information required by RFC definition.

Entries in the mailing list archive suggested patching the source,
but these were written in 2002, so perhaps there is now a way to set
the greeting banner via a configuration option instead?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter