Cyrus - Postfix

Thor Vik thorvik at broadpark.no
Mon Jun 20 19:00:40 EDT 2005

Im rather sure that postfix running changerooted. I see that postfix user
belong to group postfix while cyrus belongs to group mail, I not sure if
that does matter. I have changed the chmod just in case the socket file to
0777 without the wanted effect. In the cyrus.conf file the LMTP reads:

		# At least one form of LMTP is required for delivery
		# (you must keep the Unix socket name in sync with
imap.conf)
		#lmtp		cmd="lmtpd" listen="localhost:lmtp"
prefork=0 maxchild=20
		lmtpunix	cmd="lmtpd"
listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp" prefork=0 maxchild=20

		# ----------------------------------------------

Im not sure if that becomes right when the postfix runs chrooted? But the
path reflects the position of the lmtpd executable file. I have changed the
mod to 0777 so that all 'users' can execute the file. I am unable to connect
to the man page for lmtpd at the cyrus web page, so I would be very happy if
you could help me with this.

With regards to the mailbox I am loggin in to, Im quite sure that is the
right one. And the syslog reports an access denied error from postfix.

However the system is a debian based, and I have installed both postfix and
cyrus with dpkg (synaptic). The config file are mainly as they where
distributed from the dpkg package.

Kindly regards

Thor Vik